JSW at Welcome Centre Immigrant Services
LOOKING FOR WORK? NEW TO CANADA?
- Canadian Workplace Culture and Employer Expectations
- Dealing with Culture Shock
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Developing Job Leads (Advertised and Unadvertised)
- Improving Job Interview Skills
The Job Search Workshops Program is designed especially for recent immigrants. These workshops will assist YOU to develop the skills needed, to find employment as quickly as possible!
- Identify your skills
- Develop a resume and cover letter
- Complete job applications
- Research local employers and the labour market
- Learn job search tips
- Prepare for job interviews
- ...and much more!
Who can Participate?
Unemployed residents of York Region who are:
- Ready, willing and able to work
- Able to communicate in English
- Permanent residents, landed immigrants, convention refugees or live-in caregivers.
We provide job leads, on-going follow up and support, free access to telephones, fax machines, photocopiers, computers with Internet access and networking opportunities.
The Job Search Workshops Program in York Region is delivered by Job Skills and available at the five Welcome Centre Immigrant Services locations in York Region. For more information about Job Search Workshops, call 1-877-761-1155 or send an email to Welcome Centre Info.